Smart Trade Insights
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Investing
  • Politics
Top Posts
John Hathaway: Gold Price Can Double, This Factor...
Fish Underground drilling underway for mine life extensions
A$80M Capital Raise via Placement & Entitlement Offer
Drilling Commences – Webbs Silver Project
Navigating Uncertainty: How Trump’s Tariffs Are Affecting the...
Capital Raise Presentation
Crypto Market Update: ETH Funds Absorb US$1.3 Billion...
Frontier Airlines goes after struggling rival Spirit’s customers...
Cracker Barrel will go back to old logo...
Trump’s Copper Tariffs: Market Impact and How to...
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Investing
  • Politics

Smart Trade Insights

Politics

Trump suggests he might skip ABC debate with Harris

by admin August 26, 2024
August 26, 2024
Trump suggests he might skip ABC debate with Harris

Former president Donald Trump suggested Sunday evening that he might skip a Sept. 10 ABC News debate with Vice President Kamala Harris (D), after agreeing to participate as the GOP presidential nominee earlier this month.

“I watched ABC FAKE NEWS this morning, both lightweight reporter Jonathan Carl’s (K?) ridiculous and biased interview of Tom Cotton (who was fantastic!), and their so-called Panel of Trump Haters, and I ask, why would I do the Debate against Kamala Harris on that network?” Trump asked in a social media post Sunday evening.

The Sept. 10 debate is the only one that both campaigns have officially committed to with a network. Trump’s renewed questioning of the ABC News debate comes as Harris has increased her lead in national polls and is gaining ground in key Midwestern swing states. As of Sunday, The Washington Post polling average has the vice president leading in Wisconsin by three points, in Pennsylvania by two points and in Michigan by less than one point. Trump continues to lead in the Sun Belt states, but Harris has significantly narrowed the gap.

It’s not the first time the former president has suggested he would back out of the ABC News debate. Earlier this month, Trump said that he would no longer appear at the Sept. 10 debate — previously scheduled with President Joe Biden before he dropped out of the race — and would only debate Harris at a Sept 4. debate hosted by Fox News. Trump, however, reversed course several days later and said at a news conference that he would debate Harris on ABC. Trump also proposed debates on Fox News and NBC.

The Harris campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Trump’s social media post Sunday night. Earlier this month, Michael Tyler, communications director for the campaign of Harris and her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, put out a statement that said “the debate about debates is over.”

“Assuming Donald Trump actually shows up on September 10 to debate Vice President Harris, then Governor Walz will see JD Vance on October 1 and the American people will have another opportunity to see the vice president and Donald Trump on the debate stage in October,” Tyler said in a statement, referring to Trump’s running mate, Sen. JD Vance of Ohio.

In his social media post Sunday evening, Trump asked whether “Liddle’ George Slopadopolus,” one of his nicknames for ABC News host George Stephanopoulos, would be involved. “Why did Harris turn down Fox, NBC, CBS, and even CNN? Stay tuned!!!”

This post appeared first on washingtonpost.com

previous post
RAD Increases Ownership in Radiopharm Ventures to 75%
next post
Harris’s campaign has raised $540 million since launch, Democrats say

You may also like

Trump’s golf outings have long concerned Secret Service

September 17, 2024

On private call, Arizona’s top Democrats debated a...

September 29, 2024

RFK Jr. and the third-party effect are now...

August 9, 2024

Trump falsely accuses Harris campaign of fabricated AI...

August 12, 2024

Netanyahu vows to continue Hezbollah war, defying U.S....

September 28, 2024

In N.C., some Black voters are uneasy with...

September 1, 2024

Inside the Mark Robinson debacle: Panic, blame and...

September 29, 2024

Special counsel seeks delay in Trump election subversion...

August 9, 2024

Elon Musk targets Michigan with voter misinformation

October 22, 2024

Vance says Ohio rumors come from locals. His...

September 19, 2024

    Fill Out & Get More Relevant News


    Stay ahead of the market and unlock exclusive trading insights & timely news. We value your privacy - your information is secure, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Gain an edge with hand-picked trading opportunities, stay informed with market-moving updates, and learn from expert tips & strategies.

    Recent Posts

    • John Hathaway: Gold Price Can Double, This Factor Isn’t Priced In

      August 28, 2025
    • Fish Underground drilling underway for mine life extensions

      August 28, 2025
    • A$80M Capital Raise via Placement & Entitlement Offer

      August 28, 2025
    • Drilling Commences – Webbs Silver Project

      August 28, 2025
    • Navigating Uncertainty: How Trump’s Tariffs Are Affecting the Gold Market

      August 28, 2025
    Promotion Image

    banner ads

    Categories

    • Business (834)
    • Economy (829)
    • Investing (2,708)
    • Politics (737)
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: smarttradeinsights.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.


    Copyright © 2025 smarttradeinsights.com | All Rights Reserved