Smart Trade Insights
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Investing
  • Politics
Top Posts
Sarama Announces Change of Auditor
GNG: Preferred Contractor – Laverton Processing Plant
How Rick Rule Reinvested His Silver Gains: 5...
Empire Metals Limited Announces Major Drilling Campaign to...
Syntholene Energy Corp Appoints International Geothermal Leader Eirikur...
Silver Institute: Market Heading for Sixth Straight Deficit...
LAURION Strengthens Team with Appointment of Capital Markets...
AmeriTrust Financial Technologies
Brixton Metals Corporation Announces Share Consolidation
Corcel Exploration Appoints New Director
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Investing
  • Politics

Smart Trade Insights

Politics

Secret Service boosts protection for Trump and Harris

by admin August 17, 2024
August 17, 2024
Secret Service boosts protection for Trump and Harris

The U.S. Secret Service has dispatched some members of President Joe Biden’s protective detail to assist former president Donald Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris in advance planning for campaign rallies and other events, officials said Friday.

Officials said the agents from the Presidential Protective Division are working to coordinate and enhance security for the candidates in the run-up to the November election.

For Trump, the Republican nominee, officials said the increased assistance followed the July 13 assassination attempt against him at a campaign rally in Butler, Pa.

Harris, the Democratic nominee, has heightened security as vice president but is also benefiting from additional expertise from Biden’s security team, officials said.

As president, Biden receives the highest level of Secret Service protection in the United States on a daily basis, officials said. The agents assisting the candidates are not among those assigned to shield Biden. But Biden is traveling less since he dropped out of the presidential race, freeing up some security personnel to assist the candidates as they campaign.

The Presidential Protective Division includes several hundred highly trained special agents, as well as technical experts and other personnel, said agency spokeswoman Alexi Worley.

“On a case-by-case basis for complex and large-scale events, experienced Presidential Protective Division personnel may assist in advance planning for former President Donald Trump and other high-level protectees,” Worley said in a statement, adding that the others included Harris. “This support is separate from Presidential Protective Division operational demands.”

Harris announced her candidacy for president after Biden withdrew from the race and endorsed her last month.

Secret Service officials said adjusting resources is common when needs arise, such as when world leaders visit the United States or for major gatherings such as the U.N. General Assembly in New York.

The agency, which protects more than 30 people, is also intensely busy in an election year. In Trump’s case, the agency’s top officials testified before Congress that they immediately expanded his security after the shooting at the rally.

The Secret Service came under intense scrutiny after the shooting — considered the worst attack on a U.S. leader under the agency’s protection in four decades. Multiple investigations are examining why law enforcement officers failed to intercept a gunman who climbed atop an unsecured roof and fired multiple shots from an AR-style rifle, wounding Trump, killing a rallygoer and seriously injuring two others.

The Secret Service this week confirmed that it had approved a new security plan that would use ballistic glass and other measures to increase Trump’s security at outdoor campaign events and to protect him onstage.

Sheets of ballistic glass are typically reserved for presidents and vice presidents, and are considered a major enhancement for a presidential candidate, according to a Secret Service official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive security measures. The Defense Department coordinates the provision of ballistic glass.

Harris would be given the same protection if needed, officials said.

Other measures, such as the increased use of drones, are also expected, though officials declined to provide details to avoid jeopardizing security.

Kimberly Cheatle resigned as the Secret Service director days after the July attack, after lawmakers from both parties urged her to step down.

Carol D. Leonnig and Josh Dawsey contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on washingtonpost.com

previous post
Grid Battery-Engages i2i Marketing Group, LLC for Marketing Program
next post
Supreme Court keeps block on Biden’s new Title IX regulations in some states

You may also like

Biden calls for putting ‘politics aside’ in visit...

October 4, 2024

Tim Walz’s upbringing in rural Nebraska seemed idyllic....

August 25, 2024

The fight for the House and Senate: Where...

October 9, 2024

Eight years ago, Trump vowed to ‘drain the...

October 12, 2024

After raising complaints, Trump says he’ll participate in...

August 28, 2024

Dispute emerges over lack of speaker on Gaza...

August 23, 2024

Trump, Vance take a new tone on abortion,...

August 31, 2024

Obama admonishes Black men for hesitancy in supporting...

October 11, 2024

McDonald’s where Trump served fries hit with flurry...

October 23, 2024

You can probably guess who swing-state Fox News...

October 22, 2024

    Fill Out & Get More Relevant News


    Stay ahead of the market and unlock exclusive trading insights & timely news. We value your privacy - your information is secure, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Gain an edge with hand-picked trading opportunities, stay informed with market-moving updates, and learn from expert tips & strategies.

    Recent Posts

    • Sarama Announces Change of Auditor

      February 17, 2026
    • GNG: Preferred Contractor – Laverton Processing Plant

      February 17, 2026
    • How Rick Rule Reinvested His Silver Gains: 5 Silver Stocks He Owns

      February 17, 2026
    • Empire Metals Limited Announces Major Drilling Campaign to Commence at Pitfield

      February 17, 2026
    • Syntholene Energy Corp Appoints International Geothermal Leader Eirikur Bragason as Lead Project Manager

      February 17, 2026
    Promotion Image

    banner ads

    Categories

    • Business (938)
    • Economy (839)
    • Investing (3,905)
    • Politics (747)
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: smarttradeinsights.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.


    Copyright © 2026 smarttradeinsights.com | All Rights Reserved